View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 01:35 PM
WBFAir
Regular 'Geeker

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Hello all

Probably some of this is stupid but I’m pretty new to these devices so I just had a few questions.

I got my device just a few weeks ago and it’s the first smartphone I’ve ever had so I have been doing a lot of registry tweaks to get it setup as best as I can for me, some of which I don’t even remember how I did them but for the most part its working the way I want and I’m finally at that point where I’m out in the field with it sorta beta testing all that and making what ever refinements I need to make, so if I install this update, will that remove all of these?

Is it gonna even be back to like when I got it new with no things like which city data or e-mail accounts setup and all the factory shortcuts the same as when new and stuff like that?

Also, I think it was asked but, if you do this update and find that there is something you just don’t like, can I uninstall it and get 6.12 back and then do say a SPB restore and have all back as it was before?

Also what happens after a hard reset once this has been installed, does it go back to 6.1 and then 6.5 needs to be reinstalled?

Now this maybe a hard one to answer but is it common that a lot of the tweaks that have been done for 6.1 may not work with 6.5? Would it might be better to wait till all the tweakers have some time to figure out how to get what they had working on 6.1, working on 6.5?

Also in regards to this, I think I remember reading something about 6.5 having something new which is a kind of improper registry settings restorer that upon a restart will often auto-restore any registry settings that are to far outside its original, is this true?
Also could if very possible that any official programs that I bought that are not listed as for 6.5 may stop working?

And lastly, since this update only comes with Sense 2.1, is there anyway to just update that part of it on 6.5 to Sense 2.5 or do I have to wait till someone cooks this and offers it with 2.5?

Is it likely that someone will go through all the trouble of making a ROM with just this update and Sense 2.5 and nothing else?

Thanks for any help

Last edited by WBFAir; 01-08-2010 at 01:39 PM.