View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 01:23 AM
MrObvious
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: windows mobile/phone is done..

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Just because Ballmer didn't say anything about Windows Mobile you conclude that it's dead? Hmm....It sounds to me like you have finally convinced yourself to get an iPhone. That's fine. lol Adios!!
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Wow, you're calling WM dead because of the little mention of it at the CES?!!? I imagine more was not mentioned for two reasons: 1- there is not much to talk aboout with WM6.1 & 6.5 (nothing really new), and 2- Microsoft is obviously working pretty hard at keeping WM 7 under tight wraps and I imagine they want to continue to do so until closer to the release.

Honestly, WM is still my favorite of all mobile OSes. I own a TP2, iPhone 3G, and Palm Pre., my wife has a Moment. iPhone is SUPER smooth and very user friendly but lacks basic functionality that make it difficult to call it a PPC. WebOS is quite innovative, though I get bored with it and I am not convinced it will survive. Finally, Android has mind and market share like crazy, I'm not really feeling it a whole lot but I will spend more time with it.

Does that include "ugly" Android?
Yeah I think you are right. They are keeping it secret so Google, Apple, RIM, and Palm don't copy any new innovations they have before they put it out there. Chances are WM7 will have some huge innovations and they knew it would so to keep it secret was smart.