canospinach
Regular 'Geeker

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by princelton View Post
Ok, I have checked, unchecked and side checked the enable advanced net functionality tab, (finally left er' unchecked) Sigh, I have tried all usb ports, 3 cables, (one brand new, one known good) I have un installed all traces of handheld and usb ports, in Dm and let all mighty vista reinstall the "updated" software (read: Exact same software) I have uninstalled windows mobile remote adapter, and when vista downloaded the update (recomended update) it wouldn't let me install, says error 800F020B, I click the get help link to the help center, and like so many issues in life, the help center is really just a fueling station for Microsoft hatred! (vent, sorry) I am about at witrs end with this thing..... lol all i wanna do is yellow cube it and maybe some ROM hacks later on..... you think this is a built in anti-ppc-rape device>? Canospinich, I will PM for your help....
k, i just got your PM. give me a bit to get back to you and we will get it all fixed up.

quickly - the "800f020b" error is normal, this is Windows Installer telling you that a similiar product was just uninstalled. You can either give it a bit to clean up after itself or dump all your temp files and try to reboot.

Some of the 3rd party apps/mods we do to these can absolutely impact USB connectivity. the biggist issue is the "advanced features" as this turns on NDIS networking which is causing more harm than good at the USB level.

If you can, briefly tell us the steps you have taken to attempt connection. I know it may seem redundant, but i want to double check and see if anything was missed.

i promise to clean up the info and post soon, Holidays have me swamped