View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 01:13 PM
O.o
Lurker

O.o is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28014/21885) |Dec 21| Sense 2.1 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXenocide View Post
I'm having some issues with SMS since the new year. Running the Dec. 24 Standard 21885 ROM all sent text messages have the right timestamp but all received messages appear to be coming from 6 years in the future (2016). This is causing any SMS thread I've sent last on to appear below all of the threads where the last correspondence was a received message. Sense 2.1's messaging also appears to be a little wonky as a result of this.

Anybody have a good idea for a solution?
This sounds like the dreaded Y2K10 bug. I did some digging and found this:

Fix/Workaround for 2016 Issue
forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1454414

I manually applied the same fix because the timestamps weren't showing up, but I didn't know it was due to this issue. It solved my problems for now.

Unfortunately, this is only a workaround and not a fix as the problem is coded in RILPHONE.dll. The original behavior, I believe, is that received texts always displayed the time they were sent. So, if your phone is off, when you turned it on it would show the time the text was sent. This workaround makes it so the texts are labeled as the time the texts are received.

Thanks to ziggy471 for working on the workaround and finding the problem in the code. Hopefully HTC or Microsoft comes out with an update to fix the DLL.

Last edited by O.o; 01-06-2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Updated with PPC source: Thanks ziggy471!!