View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 01:54 PM
cgwaters
Lurker

cgwaters is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: audiomanager_eng.exe Issues

But why do third-party music players (like Pocket Player) generate the same error? And why doesn't WMP generate the error? BTW, the error occurs almost immediately after I start Pocket Player--even before I select a song or a stream to play.

Is HTC aware of this problem? (Pardon my ignorance, but is there a newer official version of manila? Like you, I'm on Verizon. I'm still waiting for WM 6.5 and I haven't installed any unofficial updates.)

I forgot to mention that I have about 300 MP3 files on my microSD card and that the error only occurs if the card is present. If the card is not present while Pocket Player is running and I thereafter insert the card (even though I'm not accessing anything on the card), the error occurs immediately. When the error occurs and even after acknowledging the error, Pocket Player continues playing music--so it's more of an annoyance than a showstopper. But again, the error never occurs in WMP--whether the card is present or not...and even if I play an MP3 file that is on the card.

Last edited by cgwaters; 01-05-2010 at 11:11 PM.