View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Eschelon
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which Manila on VZW 6.5 Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
I'm sorry. I don't know a whole lot about the cooked ROM's because I have been waiting on verizon's rom... and quite frankly, there are just too many to choose from lol. However, I am very interested in learning about the advantages and disadvantages of flashing to a cooked ROM. Doesn't sense 2.1 only have landscape mode for the music and photos tabs? Also, what are the biggest advantages to custom ROM's that you can think of?

As I said, I really want to learn, but I can only tolerate so much browsing through a 1000 page cooked rom thread to learn of it's advantages and disadvantages.

Thank you again, though!
Yes, Sense 2.1 still has landscape mode.

Just know that there a many reasons to flash to a custom ROM. They do more than just cook in Windows Mobile 6.5. They remove all the carrier-installed garbage (called bloatware), they make a series of registry and performance edits to enhace the overall speed of their ROMs, they install handy aftermarket apps like google maps, et. al., the list goes on and on...
This post has been thanked 1 times.