View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28014/21885) |Dec 21| Sense 2.1 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomariachi View Post
I'm having trouble with my data connection and making my phone a wireless hot spot. Normally I don't have any problems with it, but its become an issue this passed weekend since I moved and haven't got my ISP set up. Any suggestion? I did a HR and the data sporadically works. Maybe I'm missing steps here, anyone think they can help?
Hmmm, I have never had issue with the data or the wifi router in this ROM, BUT I have read of it from time to time. When you flashed the ROM did you do a flashdance? Come from another custom ROM? Change Radios? I noticed you said you moved are wetalking a ways away or not far?? Carrier coveragecan play a part in the issue. The data failure has been an issue talked about umongst Sprint users and I believe USSC or Us Cellular from time to time in the past. I would search the thread for info pertaining to the PRLs and Radios for Sprint users. I can't state a specific date or anything but I do know this has been an issue in the past for some users........I'll dig around more, wanted to give ya a starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
Hey guys,

I'm using Dec 24, Sense2.1 and I am having an issue with the WM Dialer conflicting with another dialer.

I am trying to use IconSoft PhonEX dialer instead but both are popping on the screen for Incoming calls at the same time and they both take turns flickering/alternating as the phone is ringing.

My question is, is there anyway to disable the WM Dialer for incoming calls only? I would still want to use it from Sense2.1 People tab for dialing at times so I need it enabled, yet disabled??

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thx.
Did this post get sent to IconSoft???????So many posts and you get a freebie I think.....Anyways what you are wanting to do is tricky.....I can't say impossible..

The dialer used from the people tab is actually the HTC dialer not WinMo. Winmo is actually disabled by default. In the past there was much discussion over disabling tachi/rhodium/HTC to use WinMo dialer due to issues with the tachi dialer and Manila 2.5. This was about the time of the release of VGA manila 2.5 in EnergyROMs, approx. 1st Nov. The phones would not ring at first, they would vibe and all that but no ringer, SOOO many were going for disabling the Tachi and going to WinMo....but then they couldn't use the peeps tab to call out..... Conclusion was come to that you can not set it up for the best of those two worlds Ansewr and ring by WinMo and still be able to call out from peeps tab using the Tachi/Rhodium/HTC dialer. It was pick one and go with it. Now the tachi rings and not many people use a winmo dialer. I have saw however in other ROMs where if the phone was locked with the WinMo 6.5 lockscreen, that the Tachi dialer would first pop up and be non responsive on the slide to ansewr, then suddenly the WinMo dialer pops up over it and I can ansewr the call with it and it stays up till I end the call. If a call comes in and the phone is not locked with the WM lockscreen the Tachi slide to ansewr comes up and functions correctly. Similar to what you are experiancing. So I would say the possibility is somehow there but I have never looked into that deep to see how to make it work. EXCEPT you are using IconSoft Phone Ex and I have no clue how that software plays with the built in dialers....................

Good Luck though bro, I can see where that set up would be pretty sweet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.