View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 01:57 AM
nitrous9200
Regular 'Geeker

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisik1 View Post
This poster posted back May 1 2009. In a follow up/inquiry I'm hoping you all can help us. My wife's Omnia exhibits this same problem, ever since updating with the last released official rom. Could some of you do us a favor, look at this video we took of the problem, and try to reproduce it on your phone? Verizon is sending us a replacement in case it's specific to our (and the above poster's) hardware, but I'm skeptical the replacement will work right either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAw4xvpiSoI

The video is brief, but you can see twice - she presses the 'Add word' option and the add word dialog shows for half a second and disappears.

Does this happen to you?

Also, if this is something that affects all Omnias and won't get fixed, do you folks have recommendations for a 3rd party keyboard that'll to t9 with a working add-word feature?

Thanks,
Louis
Sorry, I have no specific advice for you but I do know that the Omnia's stock keyboard is overall pretty poor and has been plagued with various bugs throughout it's lifetime. The custom ROM I've been using has a new keyboard from the Omnia Lite (I think) that seems to work better. Also there is the new Swype keyboard taken from the Omnia II; adding words to its dictionary is as simple as typing it in manually and pressing the spacebar.