acts
PPCGeeks Regular

acts is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: "Sprint now has the most compelling lineup of smartphones..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Please don't feel the need to explain any of this to me, I completely know how the subsidy side of the cellular market works. Getting back to my main point: Sprint has the worst pricing structure of the major carriers when it comes to WinMo devices and that is a fact. The only person who pays for this in both senses of the word is US as consumers. We pay more because of their flimsy subsidizing deals, and we pay more because they roll out new WinMo devices only slightly more often than the planets align.

Tmobile customers can purchase a TP2 for $100 less than I can purchase my own Sprint Touch Diamond.... which STILL does not have a linear replacement/upgrade device anywhere in the announced future. No matter what you say, that's just wrong.
where are you getting your pricing info? because a quick look at tmobile web, a TP2 is $349, which is the equivalent of sprint, and even with $100 off that, it would still be more expensive than a Sprint Touch Diamond.

also, sprint's pricing structure is the worst upfront. like i outlined in my earlier post, even with TMobile's new pricing plan, sprint plans are still cheaper and you make the money back in the long run. furthermore, if you keep the phone longer than 1 year, and 2 years, you are saving money in the long run over other carriers. if you bail early by re-upping your contract, you still come out even against other carriers. the only thing I would agree with is the fact that there is no linear replacement for the diamond at the moment.