View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 02:12 PM
cshep
PPCGeeks Regular

cshep is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by migg View Post
Ive been using this rom for a couple days now, and I really like it over all.
-one of, if not the best battery life and over all smoothness are the big points for me.

I am having a few small issues and wanted to see if anyone could give me some input.

-opera beta was very laggy when typing and loading.
it didn't want to display some pages so I ended up installing opera mobile 10, which is really nice, except it's lags with this rom and I lost the ability to zoom gradually with the center button
-in the sms screen, no menu button shows up, but if I click in the spot where it should be, the menu screen shows up. When I open up the 'start/windows' menu, just a black square shows up where the back arrow should be.
-FN-SYM buttons don't open a browser like they should. (possibly because Im not using 'opera 10 beta' as the default anymore?)
-Or if using a drop down menu, I can no longer type 'e' and take me to the 'e' section of the drop menu.
-more than a dozen times a day, when going to the home screen from a browser, or sms screen, it seems to lag alot, sometimes it almost freezes while showing part of one screen and part of the home menu.

I flashed from a stock rom to this rom, btw. I did hard reset after flashing.The only other thing I was going to try was the 'flash dance' as a last resort.

I was running empi-rom before, which I liked and had read that alot of people went to this rom from it and were happy. Again, I think this rom is good over all, I really like the battery life, it looks nice, it's smooth and quick.
Thanks for the rom!

I installed NFSCAN's Opera 9.5 and it connected to the slider icon instead of 10 beta. I too didn't like Opera 10 beta because of the missing zoom feature from the touchpad.