View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 03:28 AM
urgodfather
N00b

urgodfather is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cloning and its possibilities (brainstorming excercise)

MODs sorry for starting a new thread but there wasnt much on the others... and they are over a yr old.

Ok so we all know there are all kinds possible with our ppcs... including cloning... as i have read up on... its actually really easy with our unlocked phones.. but just out of curiosity.. and HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING

Scenario:
say i bought a ppc on ebay that came back stolen. so i unlocked it and put all kinds of goodies on it just to have. well another day i break my primary phone. so i try again to activate it and they refuse saying its stolen.

Questions:
what if i did actually clone the ESN off of the broken device?

would it work right after i changed the ESN or am i missing something?

would the service provider be able to recognize the hardware difference?

if so... how?

is there a way to prevent it?

although it is technically illegal (ON A FELONY BASIS), isnt there some technicalities around it? i mean theres always technicalities... how do u think politicians stay out of trouble? i.e. i own both phones i pay for service etc etc

how would this benefit me? would i just have two phones that rang at the same time or? i mean if so... that means i could theorhetically take apart the broke one and replace the screen to a larger.. update the drivers to support it. and even turn it into a carPC with full cell service and gps and the ideas are limitless.

one last question, what about using a device running dual ESNs? is that even possible?

Purpose:
im starting this just to explore the ideas.... u know the saying 2 brains are better than one and with our community being so vast... 30000 brains is better than 2. i mean... excercises like this is what A) opens new markets B) improves existing markets and C) gets people put in jail for foulplay (like stealing service from others.)