View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Eschelon
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
3: Cell tower location. When you open Bing or Google Maps on a GSM phone it knows your location before the app even finishes opening. There is no waiting for the GPS to lock on, or using the last saved location untiul the GPS locks on. It just uses the cell tower to locate you instantly, which it can't do on CDMA.
aGPS (cell tower LBS) still works on CDMA networks. Google Maps locates me to within 1,000 meters before the app loads based solely off cell tower triangulation, allowing the GPS trilateration to find me within 10 meters within about 10 seconds - all on Verizon

Although in keeping with your other points, I DO wish we CDMA users had simultaneous data and voice