View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 03:59 PM
BlackDynamite
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I don't know where you live but gsm is worse then cdma by far hands down. maybe in your particular area gsm is better but if you take the masses, cdma tops gsm hands down in the USA.
GSM is NOT worse than CDMA. Maybe in your area CDMA might have better coverage o0r something, but the technology is not even close.

Some examples:
1: On our Touch Pro 2's the dialer has a hold button while the GSM version has a conference button. Why? Because CDMA doesn't support it.

2: Simultaneous voice and data on GSM, not CDMA. It sure was nice when I could open Bing and find a movie and restaraunt- while talking to my wife about what she wanted to do. Or watch the game on my slingplayer and not get interupted when my wife calls. Or send an email while talking to someone and have them tell me they got it before I get off the phone.

3: Cell tower location. When you open Bing or Google Maps on a GSM phone it knows your location before the app even finishes opening. There is no waiting for the GPS to lock on, or using the last saved location untiul the GPS locks on. It just uses the cell tower to locate you instantly, which it can't do on CDMA.

4: Better phones because of the world supports the same technology.

5: Easier to change phones. Just pop out your SIM card and pop it into the new phone. No need to get an online activation or call. No need to buy a phone that is in some database and get forced onto a certain plan or whatever. No need to make sure one phone is turned off for a certain amount if time while the new phone gets activated. Just pop in the SIM card and go.

6: Speed. AT&T has the fastest 3G in the nation right now if you have coverage. Their only issue is way too many users. But if there aren't way too many users in yoru area, AT&T will have the fastest 3G right now- both upload (which isn't even close) and download. And T-Mobile is just about to launch their nationwide 21 meg HSPA+ 3G network. So they are about to go from worst to first in that catagory. They have been silently upgrading for a while, but have yet to "flip the on switch" yet. When they do, look out.

Seriously man, GSM blows CDMA out of the water. The only way anyone can say CDMA is better is if they have better CDMA coverage in their area (and I mean WAY better, because if it's close GSM will still win).
Did you read that recent gizmodo report where they tested 3G networks in multiple cities and AT&T had by far the fastest? Lok at it like this, AT&T has been claiming they had the fastest 3G for a while now. Nobody has called BS on them. Verizon, rather than call BS on them, instead went after their coverage. So even Verizon is agreeing with me- if you have good coverage, AT&T will be better.

I am on Sprint because it is cheaper, not because I think it's the best...