View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:56 AM
iceturkee
PPCGeeks Regular

iceturkee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
Sprint policy is that all TP exchanges are, by default, Priority 4 -- meaning you can swap it for a different REBURB device. After 3 or more exchanges in a six month (or maybe twelve? idk) period, you move up to Priority 5, which is a NIB device.

The TP2 is on both lists: refurb for Priority 4, NIB for Priority 5. But the REFURB TP2's are almost always out of stock at this point. If you are told the TP2 is no longer on the list, it probably means someone looked at their screen and saw "No" beside the TP2 refurb entry. But this can also mean it's just out of stock.

Ignorance and negligence on the part of Sprint employees are the two reasons you might not have luck getting a TP2. Ignorance of what Sprint's policy is supposed to be, or negligence to execute it.

It is also Sprint's policy now to ONLY do exchanges at a store. They want the device to be inspected before they'll send you a replacement. I also suspect an ASC can only do Priority 4 without approval from their SRSS, and that corporate stores don't have such a restriction.

i know in my case, when the tech proclaimed my tp dead and that i would need a new one, she asked would i want a tp2 if available. she checked on her computer screen and it allowed her to place the order. not sure whether it had to be approved by anyone.