View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 05:10 PM
kevm14
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28014/21885) |Dec 21| Sense 2.1 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
In terms of your first question, I copied over the files in Pack/files folder. Also, copy over the files in the 0409/files folder (for English) otherwise the Manila menu under Settings>>Personalize will be VERY difficult to read (IDS_MENU).
Ah, so just the files folder straight to \Windows? And I had no idea the numbered folders were for the configuration interface. Where do I copy the files from the 0409 folder? Also straight to \Windows?

EDIT: I checked every file in the PACK\files folder and the 0409 folder. None currently exist in my \Windows folder on my phone. But there are few enough that I could delete them manually, though I bet that registry key I posted will turn the whole thing off. Still wondering if I should chance it. Do I get greedy and have a slide to unlock?? That is the question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Right - that is a deal-breaker for me. It's nice that it shows off your home screen, but it's also too easy for anyone to access.
I am curious - where are you using your phone such that privacy is a concern but phone theft is not? Or is that your exact concern: password protection is in case of theft? I've never had the patience to handle typing in something each time I turn on my phone.

Last edited by kevm14; 12-28-2009 at 05:18 PM.