View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Trident
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean222 View Post
The problemo is in 1.5 kitchen 21887 Sense 2.5 specifically.

21887 Sense 2.1 rings and 28014 rings also. And according to you 21887 Titanium works too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
not sure why it would only affect 2.5....try going into sense settings, then sound & display, and checking the ringtone. default ringtone is Ring-Standard3, if that is correct, try changing to something else.
It is affecting the Titanium build as well. I just edited my OP.
I've tried with the default ringtone, built in Alerts/Alarms & my custom ringtones. The Alerts are the only ones that will even seem to work, but they won't actually work. I've tried changing the ringtones for individual incoming calls and none of them work- although using PhoneWeaver/PocketInformant/MS3.5 to change them completes without errors, there is still no sound coming from the speaker.

Regarding the posts about moving the audio files to another location- I don't think this is the issue. WM is able to find them just about anywhere, but it seems best to keep them in \Windows\Rings. I think that the reason that the alerts are being seen is that they sometimes default to the \Windows folder and they are often .wav files instead of mp3 or wma. This is why I go back to the codec being messed up. But what doesn't make sense is that they can be previewed even the first time! Or that other programs can use them. It seems like the Phone app must use its own decoding and it is somehow screwed up. I'm flashing another variation right now... if it doesn't work (and I don't think it will) then I'm going to build a ROM with a different phone app and see if that works.

Last edited by Trident; 12-28-2009 at 04:40 PM.