View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 01:34 PM
rorytmeadows
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you HATE about the TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
No man, what I am saying is the Imagio has all of those same network policies, IT guys can hide internet connectivity- everything you say makes the Touch Pro 2 a business phone is also present in the imagio (or the diamond 2). The difference? The diamond 2 and imagio have good cameras with a flash, but they don't have a keyboard.

Yes, pretty much any CEO or COO would throw that garbage away without a keyboard. My point is, I would also throw that garbage away without a keyboard, as would my wife and teenage kids. And we are consumers, not execs.

Somehow HTC got the idea that only business users want a keyboard. And I guess most of the people in this thread are okay with the notion that a stripped down device is still okay as long as it has a keyboard and we can label it a "business centric" device.

Again- the Diamond 2 and Imagio have a better camera, and a flash. They also have all of the "business features" of the Touch Pro 2. They don't, however, have a keyboard.
You're absolutely right, but there is something else going on with the business-user market. Put yourself in the shoes of some of the execs out there. For example, think of hotel rooms and how they are marketed. There are rooms designed for families, couples, and business users. Do you think that the Executive Business Suite at the Hyatt is going to have a video game console in it? You may think, hell, let's put them in every room to cover all our bases. But you can't do that, because the businessman might think badly about the hotel chain if they see that. Yes, people can be so shallow, but it's true.

I guarantee you that iPhone marketing is great for personal sales, but a businessman doesn't want to be seen toting one around into an executive meeting with banks and lenders. They don't want to be associated with that stuff. Myspace, Facebook, etc etc.

I'm not saying every businessman is like this, but you really shouldn't be counting the 20-somethings who still get loaded at the bars a few times a week.

Sometimes you can't have everything without losing some base.