View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 08:57 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
OK, so which Sense ROM is the last to include showcase, as the task manager by holding down the start icon is a feature I'd like to keep? I am still running 28002 from 12/4 and am having no problems, other than it's a little short on storage memory! Thanks for the Great work by the way, much appreciated!!
showcase causes freezing, so I wouldn't recommend it. I am looking at adding XTask2 from MOCEANWU's suggestion. You can also set the hold send key to open task manager instead of rotate screen....that works well. But if u insist, any 6.5.3 rom b4 28014 should have showcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzie1971 View Post
sorry, i should have been more clear. I meant anything like the kimi files that you attached:
Sense 2.1 Retractable Slider mod
Sense 2.1 BGMod (currently does BG4All)
Sense 2.1 WeatherWallpaperMod (allow animated weather over custom wallpaper)
that would work with
I've only seen the BG4ALL mod on 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Just installed it today. So far it's working great. All my usual programs working. Pretty smooth.

Only thing I have noticed is there is a notification in the top bar(probably new e-mail) but when I click on it nothing happens? In fact if I click on signal meter, battery, or sound icon nothing happens either. Where is the notification pop-up??? If i Click on the time in the corner a task manager pops up then goes away, causing the clock to do the flip thing??
you are referring to "Notification Enhancement", I see it's missing....will check on it.

The task manager should only stay open if u have running programs. Every once in awhile I'll click and it will stay open w/ no running programs, but usually it will close unless something is running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cado33055 View Post
Hey OMJ im using Sense 2.5 6.5.3 28014 v1.1 and the album shows kind glitchy depending on which way you have the phone oriented. Either way you do it all the buttons dont show. but I like the new album with this rom wit the search engines and the rom in general
well that was one of the reasons I switched to Album 3.2 for the Facebook uploading, but the downside is the picture alignment. To me it's very minor, hopefully someone will have a fix for it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirical View Post
Hey OMJ, any chance you can get your hands on the Documents tab pkg or cab? would love to add this to the rom.
they are still working on it @ XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
Thought some might find the following interesting.

Screenshots show possible Sense UI from HTC Espresso

http://www.androidcentral.com/screen...i-htc-espresso

Looks a lot to me like a combination of Sense 2.5 and Max Manila!
yeah but thats on Android, but it's possible it means it may come to WM too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hol lee cows View Post
My storage memory seems to keep filling up. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm thinking its from the Opera 10 Beta cache, but cant figure out how to clear it. I looked around for a cache folder, but haven't located it yet. Anyone else having this problem, or know of a resolution?
check task manager & make sure you dont have a bunch of apps running.....the downside to removing showcase is now programs are not closing on X. Using XTask2 should fix this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
Hey OMJ (happy belated b-day, was on the road for xmas and unable to get online)

just installed your latest 6.5.3 and noticed 2 things

I have an hour drive to and from work that I am a passenger, I play scrabble during this drive

1. I set the dim timeout to 1 minute to give me time to think of words, noticed that after a minute instead of dimming, the display just turns off

2. seems to be running a little slower, some lag somewhere, but noticed that the menus that pop up during scrabble are slow, and the computer thinking is slower when both were pretty fast on your previous roms, will play around with a few things to see if I can pinpoint it

I'm not blaming you or these 2 problems for me loosing 3 games in a row this morning, but I usually win and I think this lagging is allowing the computer to come up with better words and more time to think lol
thx nosey!

1. make sure the suspend timeout is also set to 1 min, cuz by default it is.
2. check tsk mgr to make sure you dont have a bunch of apps running

Last edited by OMJ; 12-28-2009 at 08:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.