View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 12:04 AM
budney
Retired Staff

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
This is a good topic. As you know, I've probably spent about as much time messing around with WP as anyone. I don't think WP gets it's time from the network, but from the OS as other apps do. Rationale: It works just fine on pure, radio-less Pocket PC's.

I've been running WeatherPanel for about a year and a half (on the Treo 700wx and the HTC Touch) - and the only time it's given me problems with battery life is when it gets stuck in update mode, such as when the MarsWare site went down. You'll know if this is happening - the battery gets hot!

In my opinion, WP factors that may affect battery: Update frequency, number of cities configured, number of images downloaded and perhaps animated icons.

For me, the factors that affect battery the most are: Phone calls, screen on, lot's of push email, playing music.

Try setting the update frequency to manual or every 4 hours or something - and see if that makes a difference. If not, then I'd say WP is not the culprit. But, I could be wrong...
For me it must have been a WP glitch after I changed the setting to manual, that is when the clock stopped updating when using KenS's Neon Fusion skin. But since I changed skins I have not had any problems with WP or battery life & have all my settings back to how I originally had them. And it is not so much the music for me that kills the battery life, but listening using A2DP is a major culprit.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif