View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 09:34 PM
storyr
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncruze View Post
Hey..I dont know if anyone else noticed..Storyr you can feed in on this also..but phatphinger consumes alot of memory and battery power..I mean most of the time when i wake my computer up from standby, my memory is down to 2 point or 3 point something..and my battery leackage is decreasing at an accelerated rate..This has been happening ever since i downloaded the app..Any general advice or elaborations??
Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
By chance do you have the time active on your layout &/or in your settings? I think WP likes to get the time from the network if it can. I was having my battery deplete very quickly. After a couple of weeks of switching settings around on various programs, I determined that WP checking the time was the main culprit.

I would like to hear what the WP master storyr has to say. As I may be totally off.
This is a good topic. As you know, I've probably spent about as much time messing around with WP as anyone. I don't think WP gets it's time from the network, but from the OS as other apps do. Rationale: It works just fine on pure, radio-less Pocket PC's.

I've been running WeatherPanel for about a year and a half (on the Treo 700wx and the HTC Touch) - and the only time it's given me problems with battery life is when it gets stuck in update mode, such as when the MarsWare site went down. You'll know if this is happening - the battery gets hot!

In my opinion, WP factors that may affect battery: Update frequency, number of cities configured, number of images downloaded and perhaps animated icons.

For me, the factors that affect battery the most are: Phone calls, screen on, lot's of push email, playing music.

Try setting the update frequency to manual or every 4 hours or something - and see if that makes a difference. If not, then I'd say WP is not the culprit. But, I could be wrong...