jonoball88
PPCGeeks Regular

jonoball88 is keeping up the good workjonoball88 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/27/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R7 (21887) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
I find that the little toggle slider for the HTC location manager that collects location info on recent GPS info makes location pretty inaccurate and jumps around. turn that off and keep the location service enabled. That way, GPS is fired up and you get an accurate location every time.

I also think that Google has updated their method of naming locations in Google Maps. That's where the location info comes from for HTC. Mine used to say my nearest city or the city attached to my ZIP code, but now it says Prarie. I live in a sort-of district of my county called Prarie Township, so I'm guessing that Google has changed it to show townships and voting districts as well. But technically, I should be in Van Buuren. I won't fault them, as where I live is right on the corner of like four ZIP codes, four city associations with the USPS, and about 5 townships.
yeah its weird how that works since saskatoon is the biggest city in my province so you think it would pick it up! Is there a way to disable the automatic location for the weather and manually select a location like on the non sence UI roms and have the location and weather show up on the weather clock on the home screen? hope that makes sence