View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122109 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
hey yall does the keyboard work ... my keyboard seems to not be working is it the rom or is my phone...?? not the touch screen keyboard the other keyboard..When i slide it the keyboard lights turn on and everything normal but when i press a key it doesnt work ..
Now I have never been more confident in saying.......It's not the ROM......

That problem is a common problem of the ol TP1. Dead physical keyboards are no new thing brother........BUT lucky for you if your unit is less than 1yr old.....Sprint is/was giving TP2 as replacement for faulty tp1.....but they always seem to come up with a batch of refurbs as well so don't get too excited......

I had two units replaced due to Kb that acted just like yours. Flash dance back to shipped stock ROM and see if it clears it up. If so(doubtful) do the dance back to this ROM and see if it comes back. Make sure you do a flash dance (HR,flash to stock, hr, flash to SKI-ROM, hr, then hit it with a SR after she is all through for good measure). Normaly not a required jig for every flash, but when real quirky issues pop up that no one or only a couple are noticing, a flash dance is the best way to clear the system and start fresh and find where the problem is. I would bet a call to Sprint or whoever is in store for ya though...

Good Luck Bro! Merry holiday season!

Last edited by Whotahn; 12-24-2009 at 06:28 PM.