Boogeyman
Lurker

Boogeyman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I can't really explain it better than what I wrote in my post...? Not trying to be difficult, but I put some serious time into those first few posts.

When I say "put the attached file..." that means use a file manager to literally put the file in that location, like you would on a personal computer, by copying and pasting.

The script will run in the background - this means that the script I wrote will constantly run in the background checking your backlight and keypad settings. Many programs run in the background all the time (they are usually referred to as processes)...like the phone software, for example, so the phone can receive incoming calls. This script is no different. And it spends most of its time in what's called "sleep" mode, basically waiting for 5 seconds at a time, doing nothing, and then checking your backlight settings.

I'm not sure how to better explain it...maybe someone else can take a shot, or if you have more specific questions...maybe I can help further...

My question is similar, but very specific. Btw this is my first post. I registered just for this question. I know to put the attached file into the Windows directory. However, I have no idea which one is the 'attached file'. I'm just clueless. Total noob here. I have MortScript installed, and can see the files. Just dunno which one it is. Is it a .exe file? .dll file? .txt file? Those are the only ones I can find. Did a little google search but can't find any .mscr files in the included links either. So I understand what I need to do... I just can't find the actual file that I need to throw in the Windows folder.

Btw great job on this thread. Your hard work no doubt helped tons of people, myself included.