View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 12:15 AM
mstevens
Regular 'Geeker

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tregrad View Post
going to try this again and lets hope no one else who suffers from E-D answers.

on step 4 I copy/move then a window pops up and has teh options to "copy, move, tree, cancel" and has a directory path at the top that is greyed out with a *.* at teh end. this is where im lost because there is no option to rename it.
Do I just "rename" the file at step 4 or do I have to copy/move it and if so can you explain what to do next, do i just make the *.* operamini.jar?

I already found the proper file to change and think I can get it from step 4 I am just stopped there.
Let's try this again:

1) Using Total Commander, after navigating to the directory containing the file you wish to copy, tap and hold on the file you want to copy. In this case, it's going to be ""Esmertec Jbed.lnk" or "java.lnk", depending on what file you want to copy. (Some people have both on their phones.)

2) Select Copy/Move from the menu that pops up.

3) Tap to the right of the "*.*" in the text box, then tap the little SIP icon at the bottom right corner of the screen (or use your keyboard).

4) Tap the backspace key (a bold arrow pointing to the left, located at the top right of the SIP area) 3 times to delete the "*.*", then tap in a name for your copied file. You may name it whatever you like, but the name should take the form of "filename.lnk". That will make an icon called "filename" appear in your Program Manager.

5) Tap the "Copy" box.

Move on to the next step in the process.

There are several other ways of doing this within Total Commander - this is just one of them. Experiment around - as they say, "nothing ventured, nothing gained!"

BTW, what are "E-D answers?!"
This post has been thanked 1 times.