View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 01:21 AM
ahuskins
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122109 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlink72 View Post
I'm loving this Rom so far, thanks for the great work ahuskins. I'm having a few bugs with the photo album that I haven't seen posted before. When selecting a photo, it loads off center (about 4mm below top of screen) and loads each subsequent photo the same way when scrolling.

If I scroll down a few photos (the 4th photo down for example), and try to zoom in, it will either zoom on the first photo in the album, or go blank and lock up the phone for about 30-60 seconds. A couple of times I had to soft reset. I'm on maxdusk 12/23 and it did it on the 12/22 version also. I came from NRG and flashdance each time.
I am seeing the issue with showing the first picture when zooming then once your zooming is done it reverts back to the selected pic, zoomed in. I haven't had a lockup and I just zoomed in and out of 10 pics 10 times. I used the dpad scroll capacitive wheel instead of tapping though. This is an issue with the internals of Album 3.2, which was written for a WVGA device. That's what is causing the alignment issues when the picture first comes up. Tried everything to fix and couldn't make it happen. But, I left that version in for the ability to view online photo albums (facebook friends) and uploading to facebook/youtube and footprints integration. There is a newer package which I tried and noticed no differences but I hadn't tried the zoom. I will retest and incorporate it if there are improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
winmonewbie/ahuskins,

when you say "do the dance", I just want to make sure things have not changed since mightymouse roms.... this is what I do

flash the rom...
after rom is done pull the battery
wait approx 1 min then insert battery and hard reset device (center dpad, vol down, pwr button)
once the rom installs and resets I do a clear storage twice
On the 2nd "clear storage" I insert my memory card with my sdconfig.txt on it.

Is this what you are calling "the dance". I have never heard of flashing back to stock rom.

Thanks for any help..... Jarrod
Nah, flash to stock, hard reset, flash to xxxROM, hard reset then user config.

Edit: Thanks winmo. BTW I promise you that I have flashed my phone 100 times during testing between Dances. I personally only dance if I see certain specific tell tells of a bad flash.
Soft reset turns into a Hard reset = DANCE!
Memory leaks = Dance
Dropped calls = Flash a radio only
There are many folks who do the dance religiously. I have seen the little queues that mean ROM corruption and unless I see those I don't bother. But I'm livin on the EDGE baby!

Last edited by ahuskins; 12-24-2009 at 01:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.