View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 04:45 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
Okay, did some checking. When the settings are using WAP2.0 or WAP1.2, the MMS goes to 12.120.18.205 or 12 .120.62.205 and I get unable to send message. IP comes up belonging to AT&T.

Change WAP2.0 to none, the MMS goes to 63.215.195,152 and I get message sent succesfully message but no message. IP comes up as mms.sprintpcs.com.

Does anyone know anybody with a Hero? Hero is using 2.5 and should have the right settings.

Keeping the fight going
It sounds like this is the core issue. That Sprint requires WAP and the WAP is "HardCoded" or something to use AT&T (or GSM). I wonder if we could find that IP AT&T address with a hex editor in one the binaries. And perhaps patch it. I don't see that ip address in the registry nor anything in attwireless domain. It's gotta be somewhere.

Oops. I forgot I cleaned out all other providers to minmize confusion over what the tools were using. I forget if AT&T was in the list of providers. What if someone were to edit the AT&T MMS provider with Sprint IP and URLs (and leave it on WAP).

Just a thought.

I need to reflash my phone to get back what I cleaned out.

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-23-2009 at 04:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.