Old 12-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Tregrad
PPCGeeks Regular

Tregrad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
1. He probably left off the ".jar" because it's not there. In my case, at least, there's a s0_suite.jar, but nothing else called s(anything)_suite.jar. I have a whole range of files with various extensions and names formed like s(some number or other)_suite.utf. The ".jar" or ".utf" isn't the important part. As the original posting suggests, the important information for this purpose is the number. I didn't even fool with that - I just made the link and edited the properties with numbers starting with 1 until the midlet I wanted popped up. Then I stopped.

2. Where do you come up with the notion that there is no option to rename a file in Total Commander? I do that all the time. Just tap-and-hold on the file, select "rename" from the menu, and, well... rename it. "*.*" is a convention dating from the earliest days of DOS that means "whatever." It's up to YOU to decide what you want to call your file. Since the original that you copied has an extension of ".lnk", you might want to use that as the extension, since that will make it show up as a "link" in the program manager, but that's entirely up to you.

A .cab file for this would be very complicated, if not impossible (see non-techy note below) because everyone's setup is different. The pertinent pointer information (that number that's causing so much confusion) is going to be different depending on which and how many java midlets you have installed.

I'm just a simple country doctor, not some pointy-eared tech god, but in my opinion if these instructions don't make sense to you then you shouldn't be worried at all about that. Just move on with your life. Otherwise, you're just going to screw up your phone and get more upset.
Are you feeling better about your self now?
Maybe your right.....if something is a bit hard, I guess everyone should just quit, throw in the towel and just play video games right? I sure hope your not teaching your kids that.
Nothing ventured Nothing gained I always say.
So were you BORN a doctor or did you have to learn it? ummm ok then. Please let the good people in here help the not so ppc educated people in here like me.
those were simple questions from a novice at this stuff and was hoping to get some actual "help" not a flame job.