View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 05:56 PM
tvandyck7
Regular 'Geeker

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Magnetic Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Hmmm.... as it's the same range off for any app, I'm inclined to think it's hardware as well.
But given that I'll never really use my phone as a compass, and it doesn't affect navigation apps... I"m not going to bother trading it in. Dealing with Verizon trade-ins is too painful, especially given this is on a corporate account.
Have you by-chance been using a magnetic case or anything like that? I left mine next to my magnetic case for my other phone overnight and mine was off 60* in all programs in the same direction. I couldn't get it to work right at all. I know this sounds stupid, but I googled it and someone mentioned that flipping it over and tapping/knocking on the back and sides made it work correctly. When I read this, I LOL and said that it was rediculous, but tried it anyway and I'll be a SOB if it didn't work!!! Now it is right on again in every program. I use Maverick Lite now and it works flawlessly. I still have the Snaptic Compass installed but I don't really need it with Maverick. I just make sure and keep it away from magnetic things now.
Maybe you should see if this works for you.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 12-23-2009 at 01:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.