Old 12-15-2007, 03:45 AM
ricchini2007
PPCGeeks Regular

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bholz07 View Post
Hey guys, I had a similiar problem with my Mogul. I even tested it where I would call it from a landline, I would hear multiple rings, but none from my Mogul, with it then going into voicemail. Or at best, it would be on the 4th ring from the landline phone when my Mogul would start to notice an incoming call.

The solution I found on the net was to change the Slot Cycle Index setting of the phone. You will need to contact Sprint to get your MSL number. Once you have it, Dial ##778# Then choose edit and type in your MSL number. Once in, navigate to Modem Settings and change your Slot Cycle Index number. It is set to 2 as default, with a setting from 0-7. The lower the numbr, the more frequently the phone is polling the tower for incoming calls. I lowered mine to 1, and have noticed a difference. I wasn't sure of the battery hit I would take switching it to 0 so I stuck with 1. After changing the number and the subsequent reset, my phone would recognize a call within the 2nd or so ring from the same landline it took 4 rings to recognize an incoming call (or would miss the call altogether). Worth giving a try to see if this fixes your situation.

I am running the 2.17 Rom with the newest radio associated with it.

If my explanation or info is a little off with regards to the SCI, I apologize, I am kinda a newbie on these boards (Although I do like to lurk). Hopefully I can learn enough good info from this board to keep mine and my coworkers' Moguls running as smoothly as possible (I am the It person for a company that has about 15 technicians using Moguls for a WM service software that we utilize.)

Lemme know if this helps solve the problem.

- Brian

this worked great for me wow!!! on the 2nd ring