View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 03:53 PM
iceturkee
PPCGeeks Regular

iceturkee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

when i first got my tp, i took it to the third party sprint sore which also happens to be the nearestg authorized sprint repair center. they replaced the keyboard but i was told this at the tinme (and this was less than a month ago). if they didn't have the part in stock, i had 3 options: order the part, get a replacement tp or, pick a phone from the approved exchange list.

nothing was said about number of failures or priority category. i biught the tp from a friend who told me in advance, it was a brand new reurb but was working fine for him. i got it and the keyboard was hosed. called retention after i was told the phone couldn't even be activated because of the keyboard issue.

retention said it wasn't true but the only option i had was to activate, pay the deductible and get a replacement. i declined.

i sent the phone back to my friend and got my money back. he emailed me a few days later and said he got the keyboard working so i bought it again but for a considerably cheaper price. the phone came with a bunch of extra batteries and other accessories.

the replaced keyboard was basically fine but the modem didn't work. that's when i was offered the tp2 and gladly said yes.