View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Arterion
PPCGeeks Regular

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

You have a couple options.

At this point, to my understanding, you qualify for a Priority 5 exchange, which includes a NIB TP2. You end up at Priority 5 after having THREE exchanges.

1) Try a different store. People have varying luck between ASC's and Corporate stores. The ASC's are usually more helpful, but their hands are tied more.

2) Call, call, call. People have had luck a couple different ways:

2a) Tech Support -> Adv. Tech Support -> Escalations (Manager) [*2]

2b) Account Services -> Account Services Management Team [I think this is aka: Retentions]

2c) Executive Support [703-433-4401]

Both Account Services and Executive Support, for me, made contact with a local store, and the store was the one who actually did the deed.

3) Asurion! A couple options here, too.

3a) Get Asurion to send you a replacement cold. You might be able to get Sprint to credit you back the $100. If they're out of TP's, you can get a TP2. You might also be able to plead your case with them about how your phone doesn't work, and get it swapped,but still for $100 unless...

3b) If you've had a replacement from Asurion in the last year, they're actually putting their own warranty on it, so you can go to them for service instead of Sprint. You should be able to get them to do a replacement for free, and can probably get the TP2.

People have had success and failure using all these methods. It really just depends on a lot of factors, namely how knowledgeable the people helping you are of Sprint's policies, and whether or not they're *******s. (Yeah that's gonna be starred out. lol)

My conclusion here is that Sprint actually has a system in place to take care of us, it's just that not everyone is knowledgeable about it, and some stores really don't wanna part with their inventory, or with a potential sale. Or they're just *******s.

Sprint really deserves it's bad rep for customer service.