View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyguy0824 View Post
I need some help! I'm a newbie in all this but I have been trying to read everything in order to better inform myself. Whenever I run "Apache_Helmi_WM6 PPC-BuildOS" I get messages saying "unknown carrier type" "Module PPCGeeks_OEM.rar not found" and a whole bunch of other modules not found including Cyberon Voice Commander, HTC Smartdialing and Office Excel Powerpoint Word. I don't know if this is an error or not.

I then select my carrier (Verizon) and press the play button to build rom. When asked to open a Project File, I select "Verizon" from the Tools folder and hit next. I then hit "Encode" in the next screen but I always get a "Failed to get FAT16 filesize" error message. Please help me! I really want to get this working right! I have been searching all over the forums and I have been reading all the "readme" and help pdfs but I am still at a dead end.
Look on the toolbar. You'll find another carrier selection box. You need to select Verizon in that one, too.

The "Module PPCGeeks_OEM.rar not found" error indicates you do not have PPCGeeks_OEM.rar in your installation directory (c:\buildos, by default). It's a seperate download from the kitchen. Do not extract it's contents after downloading...just put the .rar file in your installation directory. You don't have to have this file to bulid a ROM, but you won't get all the optional OEMs if you don't (which is why you got the later errors).