View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 PM
IronRed
PPCGeeks Regular

IronRed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had the same problem. I don't have the six side cube installed. Some things would customize, others would not. I was able to change the launcher programs, at a fifth icon on the tabs. But I could not change the background, the icons, or the clock. Well, so what. If someone creates a UI for you to use, it is only saving you from doing things yourself. SO....... Download total commander. Put it on your phone. You should have all the icons and other things that you downloaded from the server. Go to your today settings, uncheck the htc home box and then exit. Now find on your phone using total commander where you have the icons. I had them on my storage card/program file/ whatever. You need to copy the .png files to your computer to view them. But if you know what you want displayed on your phone, just click on the file, choose copy/move, then type \Windows\, and MOVE. It should overwrite the file in your windows directory. Now go back to your settings/Today go to items and click on the htc home box. Exit, you now see you new icons displayed. Do the same thing for the clock. You are doing all this with total commander. You should download everything from the home customizer server, and then move it over to your notebook or desktop so you can view them.

These are the steps that worked for me.