View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Plutonium0587
PPCGeeks Regular

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: xt garmin ghost

Well I'm on Verizon used to be Alltel and my phone is Alltel so I cannot use any Verizon nav stuff... Point being, I have Garmin on my phone. I have a standalone Garmin in one car, but needed one for my car because I like the interface and usability. I still use Google Maps when I need to look up something quick, but when I'm on the road, the Garmin just works better for turn by turn and it does Google searches and stuff now too. Until Google gives WM a navigation like the Droid has (which may never happen), I like the Garmin. I can't really comment on how Garmin compares to others, but it just happened to be what I chose because my other GPS was Garmin and I really like it.

One thing I really like about it compared to Google Maps specifically is that if you the wrong way for some reason, it tells you and gets you back on track. GM just lets you wander until you can stop and figure out WTF you did lol. I do know that the WM Bing directions follow you and will ask you if you go off track and recalculate your route. You may want to try that as an alternative to GM. It doesn't announce but has kind of more turn by turn I think.