unkellsam
PPCGeeks Regular

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash23 View Post
I already explained to people on how to activate the Htc Messaging Client where is doesnt lag and to have it that and the native client used at the same time for MMS use. A couple a pages back tells you how to fix the broken links and basically have use of you Contacts Tab where as if i isnt installed nothing really works(links are broken). Its a decent fix and i have over 100 of texts save on my phone and im not reporting any lag yet or freeze up. Try it and see if its for you before you complain here guys.
Your post just brings the state back to pre R6, which is cool, but hitting "all messages" still takes you to the HTC client, not the WM client.

I don't understand how you are claiming there is no lag anymore - we are just reinstalling the same exact laggy htc messaging that Juicy removed. I tried it and its still unusable and laggy...

Its great that you created an HTC messaging cab though - big props for that and thank you. I just don't understand how its supposed to be an improvement over R5.

If we can have the default messaging be WM - ie when you click on a message it will take you to the native SMS thread and clicking "All Messages" would take you to the native one as well - and have HTC messaging enabled at the same time for viewing under profile tabs, I think we could have the best of both worlds.