View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 04:29 PM
blockhead428
Regular 'Geeker

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28011/21884) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkm1126 View Post
Hi all,

I've been reading through all these posts since Dec. 4 . . . right now I'm running 21884 |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and wondering if there is any reason to flash to a more recent ram (one of the 2.1 builds) or just stay put . . . what do you think? I'm not sure I have a clear sense of what's been updated/fixed, etc. with the newer builds . . .

Thanks!
I highly recommend the 2.5 with the Dusk theme. It looks great. 28011 is also great on battery life. The only downside is that the x doesn't close any running programs. You have to hold down send to bring up the task manager and close things manually. Other than that its great. Weather on the homescreen is cool. You should install the dwizzy 12 quicklinks cab even though its off center, but it's better than having 9 and not being able to see 3 of them.

2.5 Manila has its downsides too. The contacts tab is useless if you used the zenyee HTC messaging disable cab, but I recommend it if you want to have working picturemail. The old interface for sms/mms works great. It only lags if you have a loooooot of messages on your phone. The new one lags if you have like more than 10 or so, lol. It's just too buggy for everyday use right now. So I disable the contacts tab, footprints tab since it doesn't work, and the music tab because I don't use mine as a music player. I've got an mp3 player for when I ride my motorcycle, a car when I drive, and a computer for everything else.

If you want stability, stick with a 21xxx build with 2.1. If you want flash, go with 2.5 manila version. 23xxx and 28xxx builds are a little bit more finger friendly than older builds. I use a seidio innocase for my TP so hitting the start menu at the top sometimes requires my other hand. When it's at the bottom its a bigger button and its easy to hit with my thumb while holding the phone. I'm pretty happy with the latest build with the Dusk theme.