View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:16 PM
chong67
Almost a VIP

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My experience using TP2 outside the US (Thailand mostly)

I am now in Malaysia. I was in Singapore and Japan on transit.

When I arrived in Narita, I turn on my Sprint TP2 and I got a txt msg and it got instruction on how to call USA and it is $2 a min. It pick up the time correctly.

When I arrived in Singapore, I went to the currency exhange counter and got me a Starhub $15 prepaid SIM card and the incoming/outgoing call, txt msg and internet work. I got it to work on my wmwifirouter too.

I am in Malaysia now, everything works as the same as in Singapore. I use Digi prepaid. Rate is RM.012 per minute after you hit RM1. Unlimited internet is RM5 per day on you cellphone which I tether using Wmwifirouter and it works.

Keep in mind for wmwifirouter and email to work, you may have to pick the correct connection setting. For Digi, they have 4 settings for SMS, MMS, Internet and forgot the other one. I think for Sprint it just says "Internet".

I disable the thing where it auto put a "1" when you dial a 10 digit # as they use 10 # number here too.

For GPS lock, it takes a few minutes to lock on to it. And the GPS signal goes in and out. Is it because of spotty GPS coverage in this part of the world?

Yah, since TP2 can only handle EDGE, hence this is what I am getting also. I went to speedtest to test and download is avg 220 kbps and upload is 100+ kbps.

Got any questions, just ask me.

Last edited by chong67; 12-14-2009 at 11:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.