View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 05:06 PM
bman1013
Lurker

bman1013 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gmail account problem after flash - any ideas?

Hey guys,

I was trying out a few ROMs last night, and eventually ended up with the latest MightyROM release (which is awesome, btw). I restored contacts and emails from my card, and proceeded to make a few other changes and additions - syncing Facebook contacts, etc. This morning I realized that I had not yet set up my Gmail account. I attempted to add the account, but got a message that 'Gmail' account name already existed. I named the account Google mail temporarily until I could delete the old one. Here's the problem; I now have 2 instances of the same account showing, but I cannot access the old one to delete it. I am assuming that the messages were restored from PIMbackup (without an account being created yet). I cannot access these messages to get rid of them in any way. The 'new' instance is fine and updates as it should, no problems. I would just like to get rid of the remnants of the 'old' instance. Is there any way I can get to these via the file system and delete them manually? Any help would be appreciated... thanks in advance for your help!

- Tork