View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Fixup
PPCGeeks Regular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
xImapPusher - add IMAP idle push to your phone!

This very thin app (only 66KB) adds IMAP idle push to Windows Mobile's built-in email client (Outlook/Messaging). It's been tested by me and others to be very stable and efficient - no any impact to your phone's performance and battery life. Pushing has been very reliable without any delay.

Before this one, there were only two email clients that support imap idle, neither of them worked well enough. So I had to make my own solution. By using WM's built-in email client, xImapPusher adds simple and solid push without adding any unnecessary bugs and side effects to your phone.

Why this is better than WM's built-in ActiveSync?

1) Almost all mail servers now support IMAP idle, including Gmail, while AS only works with MS's proprietary Exchange server.

2) Gmail's AS push is still not reliable enough to be practically usable. It does not let you use your own domain as reply email address. When you delete a gmail message in AS, it goes into Achieve (All Mail) instead of Trash.

3) AS does not support multiple accounts. You can use both AS and xImapPusher at the same time on the same phone.

The only requirement is .NET CF 3.5.

[update 12/15/2009] Solved all known issues, added a new icon and now all files can be installed to any folder including memory card, nothing goes into \windows.

Now you can push multiple IMAP accounts with the multiple version. Tested to work with Gmail and Fastmail.

After installation, please read the readme.txt file for details, especially about the refresh interval. If your network provider closes sockets periodically (e.g. 5 minutes on Verizon EVDO), your refresh should match that. If your refresh interval is much longer, push may delay; if much shorter, battery life suffers unnecessarily.
Attached Files
File Type: cab NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab (2.58 MB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab xImapPusher.cab (75.2 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab xImapPusherMultiple.cab (113.0 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Fixup; 12-29-2009 at 02:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.