Ed Zachary
PPCGeeks Regular

Ed Zachary is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Plan VS Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
So, is the 12/31/09 cutoff for all VZW customers who are still on their Alltel plans or just the ones who are close to re-up anyway?
We re-upped in July (a few days before being assimilated) so we could keep our Alltel plan so we won't be eligible for upgrade until 03/11.

breakmyfootoff, are you saying we can upgrade this month, keep our Alltel plan, and pay the upgrade (not full price) for the Droid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Unless something has changed since I bought mine on Nov. 11th, yes. My 2 year contract would not have been due for an upgrade unitl May 25th in 2010. I paid the 20.00 early renewal fee so I could upgrade early and renewed my Alltel plan (all the same prices features and minutes) for 2 years, and got the MotoDroid for 199.99.
So I went to the Verizon store today and talked with the supervisor. He told me the following:
1 - Our Alltel plan is good "forever", unless we change to a phone that is not compatible with it. We can go out of contract and keep the Alltel plan. Even after we go out of contract we can get new phones for the 2-year subsidized price and keep the Alltel plan.
2 - You have to have a phone for at least a year before you can be eligible to get a phone at a subsidized price. As I said before, we re-upped in July of this year, so the earliest we would be eligible would be July next year. We could get new phones, but they would not be subsidized (we would pay full price).
3 - There is no $20 plan (or contract) early renewal fee. The Alltel plan is good until you get a phone that is not compatible. The contract is used only to get you the subsidized price. You sign up for two years to get the subsidized price (so it is a one-sided contract). He asked me "why would you want to lock yourself down longer? That would mean you would have to wait longer to get a subsidized phone."