View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
kidmet
Regular 'Geeker

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
So...we have yet to be able to send MMS directly out from the native messaging app out of manila. When I was running R3 and R4 of Juicy's ROM...there were a couple of folks that may have been on the right track...but I'm not sure if it was ever followed up. There is really too many 'geekers here with awesome talent to NOT be able to figure this thing out...so...here is my contribution...and maybe we can lick thing once and for all...

I think a reg entry of interest is the following...

HKLM>>SOFTWARE>>Jataayu>>Messaging>>MMS>>Profile>> CDMA

in that entry...there is a key for IPAddress that is left blank...I have every other value entered much like what we have our Arcsoft is set up for...

gateway: 80
MMSCURL: http://mms.sprint.com/servlets/mms

reason why I think this is THE reg entry that matters is that when I changed the Sendlimit value from 300 to 1024....the send limit in the native HTC messaging app attachement tab changed its limit to 1000. Considering that I've entered the proper port and the url for mms...I think that IPAddress key value may have something to do with HTC messaging app sending out MMS.

Also of note, if you follow the reg entry to:

HKLM>>SOFTWARE>>Jataayu>>Messaging>>Network

there sits a key for MMSPreferredNetwork. The value is set at 1. What that value turns the mms preferred network to...I'm not sure. I'm almost certain if we find that entry is being pointed we'll be that much further to enabling MMS in the native HTC messaging.

This is all trial and error results...so pls bear with me...

Bone stock, my MMS send and receive works perfectly.