View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 12:25 AM
gobmonster
Halfway to VIP Status

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jph8tr View Post
Before you "downgrade", have you tried 2.17? I used Sampsons WM5 ROM for a while and it worked well. As mentioned, Gmail worked fine using POP or imap. OTH, I flashed 2.17 last week and it's working fine too. I may have a couple of megs less of free RAM, but not enough to make a huge difference to me. The "leak" problems I experienced with 2.09 are for the most part gone, I hold steady at ~17mb free with all apps closed. I do notice a bit better battery life with WM6. With Sampsons ROM you loose internet sharing and will have to install things like Pocket Office yourself if you have need. I bitched about the memory leak and about the lack of RAM as much as anybody...I was for the most part WRONG!
im using sampsons wm5 right now, would you recommend 2.17? i miss my precious internet sharing, but i dont miss reseting my phone everyday because rams running low (25mbs @ idle on wm5)