View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 01:59 PM
WhiteBlazer01
AWESOME VIP Member!!

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBlast
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

i'm sure about that. Try making a call, and put your finger over (about 1cm) just above the top left corner of the screen. You can't see it, but that is where the proximity sensor is. Still think it's a light sensor? Do this test in a dark room. How can your phone tell the diference between pitch black, and pitch black with a finger over the proximity sensor?

Now, there is also a light sensor. Put the screen on auto brightness, the shine a flashlight to the right of the speaker grill. That is where the light sensor is.

There, myth solved!

FYI, the new 6.5 roms have a feature that detects when the phone is in a pocket/purse, and will ring louder. Haven't gotten it to work, but it has it.
Okay, that makes sense. odd that it isn't in the manual then... if you look closely in the diagram, it is actually pictured, it's just not explained that that's a proximity sensor...

I've updated to the latest rom on the site, but there's nothing in the new features guide, nor anything I could find in the settings, about proximity lock for pockets and such

So far you've been the most helpfull though, thanks for that!
No prob, glad to help! Yea, if you go to the settings tab, I think in the sound menu, there are 2 new options - 1 quiet ring when phone is movie (polite mode), and 2 - ring louder when in a pocket.

I'll take a screenshot in a min. I'm on the WiForums now, so I'll have to use the regular browser on the phone to upload.