View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 11:44 AM
WmDuchess
PPCGeeks Regular

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pandora for Touch Pro2?

where woukd i go to email them... i have about 4 different emails to send a pandora DEMAND LOL and my bf has pre and has like 6 emails (gready) and he would send emails for me too... i say we start a sticky we all email pandora and post what they reply... and then email them back with other peoples replies that contridicted themselves.. I SAY US WM LOVERS STAND UP FOR OUR RIGHT.... =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>rotest : WE WANT PANDORA.... WE WANT PANDORA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
So I started thinking (probably a bad idea at this time of day)...
The tp2 has some java support and the whole idea of java is that it can be coded once and ran on many different platforms with no issues.
So I did some looking around for some java files knowing that brew phones run pandora in a java application and the storm uses a lot of java too and it might be a java version of pandora.
I found some files but ran into some roadblocks.
I will post what I know through my trial and error.
The attached files will need to be renamed and have the ".zip" removed because they are jar files and cannot be uploaded with that extension.

the A900-mod does install but fails to initialize the application.
using the mdilet bible at xda-dev I removed the permissions that were failing from the manifest file to allow it to install to the device, however I wasn't able to solve the initialization issue.

the A900 does not install with errors of missing javax.microedition.media.manager

the pandora one fails to install because the root certificate used for Pandora cannot be found.

Maybe someone that knows java better on the WM phones could get one of these to work.

EDIT: I too sent an email for better WM support for Pandora, before I went on this Java journey.