sugosugita
N00b

sugosugita is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email sent!

Quote:
Hello,
As a user of Pandora for several years I would really like to see a new application made for the current Windows Mobile devices out there.
I currently have a Verizon branded HTC Touch Pro2 and it is in need of a good pandora application.
I have tried a version of the WM app designed for a different WM device that has been modified to run on this phone but it is really lacking in the audio quality department. I was using a BlackBerry Storm 9530 with Pandora and playing the music in my car with it and the audio quality was amazing. Now on the Touch Pro2 its not even good enough to listen to with headphones.
The music sounds like its coming in at 32kbps mp3 @ 22500hz sample rate mono for the WM pandora app but the Storm app sounded like 128kbps aac @ 44100hz sample rate.
I would really like to see a new WM app released. So would many others at ppcgeeks.com and xda-developers.com and howardforums.com
If a generic app that runs on multiple versions of WM (WM 2003, WM5, WM6.0, WM6.1, WM6.5, WM for smartphones) is too difficult I think limiting support to WM 6.1 and 6.5 would make things easier, then you are only supporting touch screen versions of WM that should have very decent hardware specs to run the program.
Thanks.
I hope you don't mind I SENT my email to pandora dev team using your email as a template. Would you have a problem if we used it as such for our other members?