View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 05:08 PM
travisgarrison
PPCGeeks Regular

travisgarrison is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Heechee's TreoPro GSM 28008 Rom WWE

Heechee, you rock! Hey, so question: that second link you posted is also listed as a naked ROM (in the file name), but it doesn't look naked (i.e., all the same apps installed)... is that just a mislabelled? The two links seem to have files of the same size? At any rate, here is what I noted with the new ROM:

- 4 across icons look awesome! Good Job.
- I can't open an SMS to respond to it. I can send a new SMS, but when I tap on or click an SMS to open it, it doesn't respond.
- WMP still has buffering issues (pauses every few seconds to buffer) and is very sluggish to move to next/previous track.
- Garbled clock (you've already noted this)
- When setting up the phone the Regional settings default to British English. Any chance of changing this to Default to American English since most users of the ROM are in the US?
- Edge "E" in the top bar is missing and instead I get an rA icon which I have no clue what that means.
- Autocomplete of contacts in SMS is still working! Great!
- Is it possible to categorize all the utils into a folder. I saw that you had CHome Configurator and some Titanium apps in a folder, but perfman and several other utilities were floating in the main menu and it makes for a lot more clutter.
- Scrolling bug with recent contacts list is still there.

So this is a vast improvement over the last release (which was also great) and with the exception of the strange SMS problem, it looks like you fixed a ton of stuff.