View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
slapmedia
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

slapmedia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sync your Hero to Outlook (Non-Exchange)

Well, I've been watching this product called MyLink by Wave Global and it's available in the market. Search for MyLink and download the app. You can get a sense of what it looks like. You will need to download a desktop client that will allow you to mount your device to your PC and it will sync email (inbox, sent, outbox), contacts, calendar (iCal supported), tasks and notes. There are 3 options for the desktop version at this point. The FREE version allows just inbox sync. The 2.99 Euro option adds full email access and the 4.99 Euro option adds calendar, contacts, tasks and notes. At this point, it's a wired sync meaning you have to mount your device but, from what their website states, if you download either option before 01/31/10, you will be eligible for the free desktop client upgrade that will allow wireless sync! Does anyone remember about 2-3 years ago, Sprint had Desktop Connector? I sure hope this is something of the same. Looks a bit like a Funambol and Seven option combined at a cheaper cost too! I'm testing the free version now and it seems to be working. I'll keep everyone posted...

For those of you who would like to try it out, here's the link to the site: http://www.myandroidplanet.com/index.php

Now using the HTC Hero (Android)

Last edited by slapmedia; 12-08-2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to add link!