View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
BlackDynamite
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC's 2010 Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts View Post
Saltydawg, your dismissal of x10guy's articles is calling the kettle black. Sure, on a couple of those guys ("journalists"/"editors") like the ars guy, they don't seem very credible, I'll give you that. But that's what they do as journalists and and editors. They gather sources, then make an informed opinion. I mean one of them was clearly a "Viewpoint" piece, it even said Viewpoint at the top.

However, on the flip side, you dismissed his articles and used articles that pretty much are reflective of the same problems. Even your source on worldwide licenses is iffy. It's a blogger who follows Microsoft.

Stock prices are irrelevant for the most part because windows mobile is only a subset of the Microsoft corporation. MS is so big and has its reaches in so many things even if windows mobile tanked, you would hardly see a dent in the stock prices. Put it on the flip side, If google android never grew out of its 2% share in the next year, and WinMobo came out with a bang in H2 2010, do you think Google stock would drop? Probably not.
Well it's like this...
He is basing his entire argument on the opinion of some people who are not qualified to give the opinion (at least not the way he is using their opinion).

I don't care about their opinions. I took a fact from that article, MS all time record for WM sales. I didn't even read the rest of the article, nor did I cite the author's opinion as part of my argument. I just cited one of the facts listed in the article.

I then listed an opinion article by one of the same authers he had linked to (the New York Times guy) and didn't use it as part of my argument either. I only listed it to show him how ridiculous it was to base an argument on someone else's opinion that isn't even qualified to give an opinion on the matter.

But the cell phones users signing 2 year contracts, that is obviously part of my argument. It wasn't even contested, but I linked to a source just in case there was any doubt.

Stock prices are absolutely relevant for this discussion. Because if Windows Mobile isn't affecting the stock price, then how the heck can anyone say it is in trouble? Yes, Microsoft is huge- that is the whole point. Microsoft is plenty big enough to weather any storm. Unless investors start calling for Microsoft to cut their losses, then Windows Mobile will keep getting more and more resources thrown at it until it succeeds (just like the Xbox). Not that Windows Mobile is even in a storm though- there are currently more Windows Mobile users right now than ever before.

And yes, Google is the same way with Android. Wich is ironic you bring that up, because Windows Mobile hasa bigger market share than Android right now, and nobody is saying Android is in trouble...

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 12-08-2009 at 06:03 PM.