View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 09:17 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28008/21877) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzyme View Post
Sorry if I sound really noobish here but I was wondering I may get help on which version is right for me. So are all 3, standard, standard 2.5, and titanium should be able to work with my Touch Pro right?

I am asking because I installed the latest standard 2.5 and after a fresh flash, it was really slow. Slow enough to be unbearable. I know for a ROM as popular as Energy it cant be this laggy. So I am thinking its a bad flash or wrong version. I don't actually even know the difference between manila 2.0/1 and 2.5. I just choose the 2.5 because I absolutely love the Dusk theme.

The biggest lags are screen transitions of course. like when switching tabs, sometimes it would take nearly 5 seconds for content to show onscreen. Any suggestions or suspicions?
IMO if you find a Energy ROM slow or laggy something aint right! His ROM's are blazing!
If you came from another custom ROM then I'd flash to stock, hard reset, flash to energy, hard reset.
If you came from Stock then I'd guess a bad flash or corrupt download and try again.
There are almost too many details to list about the differences between manila system. Someone created a thread listing them all, if I find it I'll edit this post. Some differences-the Home Screen with the Animated/Weather wallpapers and weather clock and quick links to programs under the clock and the Peolpe tab with Thumbnail Tabs for each individual contact vs the old Rolodex style.

EDIT:Oh yeah-forgot one biggie-Landscape is very limied atm with 2.5, cant find that thread I was thinking of but Google it and you should get lots of info on the differences.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 12-07-2009 at 09:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.