View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 06:36 PM
sikclown
PPCGeeks Regular

sikclown is keeping up the good worksikclown is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OFFICIAL VGA PANDORA APP! (won't be coming soon)

The problem with developing for Windows Mobile is that the hardware involved is all over the map where as the iPhone and Pre all have exactly the same hardware (well differences between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gens but essentially the same) so as the OS gets updated these developers can just tweak their app. For the most part all Android phones are the same (Except for the Droid) in so far as screen res and memory and such but it is also open source so I imagine it is easier to develop for (assumption here so don't blast me). Windows Mobile devices are all over the map in so far as specs, keyboards vs no keyboards, touch screen vs non touch etc etc. Android also has some of these issues and I think as the devices begin to vary more they will have the same problem developing apps for it but anyway... Pandora is not the first company to say that it is just too big of a pain to develop for Windows Mobile but I honestly believe that Windows Mobile 7 will shut all of them up because they are moving to an approved specs system where the phones have to meet certain hardware requirements. Just sayin